Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Success, Sweet Success!

I finished the 50,000 words (50,596 to be exact) last night at 10:38.  I was very happy with the results.  I had spent the day writing over 9,000 words!  My distractions and procrastination had me up against the ropes, but I pushed through.  Funny, of those last 9,000 words, I think there is a rather large nugget of good writing.  Some of it may change, but that isn't what NaNo is about.

I do not have a novel yet.  Another 30,000 words, some polish, some editing and some feedback from my faithful readers and maybe I'll have something.  In the meantime, I have created a habit, honed my craft and stretched my comfort zone.  Plus, winning anything is worthwhile. 

I plan to post several times this week:  a compulsion driven by my NaNo experience.  Anyone put up a tree yet?  Everyone survive Black Friday?  Maybe we should call it Green Friday or Red Friday depending on whether retailers were profitable or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment